MotherWoman Support Group Model Facilitator Training
MotherWoman offers a bold support group model that challenges the dominant diagnostic paradigm that defines and limits care for perinatal mothers. Our model understands that the perinatal emotional experience is as much a socio-political, community issue as it is a medical issue. As part of a comprehensive community response, this group model supports perinatal stability and protects against perinatal crises.
Participants in MotherWoman’s two and a half day training learn to implement our innovative group model designed specifically for diverse mothers at risk for and experiencing perinatal emotional difficulties.
MotherWoman Support Group Facilitator Training: Innovative Approaches to Leading Successful Support Groups in Your Community
The MotherWoman Support Group Model© creates an environment of support and personal empowerment, enhancing a mother’s capacity to advocate for herself and her family. This training will enhance capacity to lead thriving women’s support groups which can serve as a mother’s lifeline to emotional health, community connection and personal success across her lifespan.
- Create safety for women to share their authentic experiences of motherhood
- Master group dynamics
- Lead a culturally competent support group that welcomes diverse mothers
- Encourage each woman’s inherent strength and resilience
- Motivate personal change by enhancing individual women’s self-empowerment
- Understand the evidence that supports the model as effective in addressing social isolation
- Understand trauma informed processes